Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Idea: Exploration


As I have continued to look back into my past for inspiration for my project I have become drawn to the idea of exploration. However, I'm interested in finding not only the new but also finding the familiar in new places. I think I see this as the way for my project to move forward but still include the work that has already been done.

Quotes:

For three hundred years we have had our focus on the individual. We have distinguished him from the objective world as the Middle Ages did not think of doing. We have given him the world and the universe as a playground for exploration and discovery. ~ John Grierson

In wisdom gathered over time I have found that every experience is a form of exploration. ~Ansel Adams

We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time. ~T.S. Eliot

Text:
Fleming, Fergus. Off the Map: Tales of Endurance and Exploration. 1st ed. New York, NY: Grove Press, 2004. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment