Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Artist Lecture Questions & Response: Zoe Beloff

I thought one of the most interesting things that she said during the lecture was when she likened the characters from 3D rear projections of her installation to a traveling troupe of actors and she talked about visiting them in london. It seems silly and it was said as a joke but it really made me want to see the installation to see how life like they are.

Three Words: Unconscious, Tricky, Psychological.

One of the most interesting revelations of the lecture was that she and Albert Grass are one and the same. She did an amazing amount of backgrounding and research to create such an in depth and many faceted installation. I had my suspicions about the authenticity before she outed herself but she did such a good job and really sold it with her acting during the presentation.

Questions:
1) How involved were you in the set design of the Somnambulist and what led you to use such minimalist set designs? ---

2) How does the history of the human mind influence your work?
-She is extremely interested in the idea of the unconscious mind and its documentation or recreation.

I think I am most interested in "The Somnambulist" project, as I said her personification of the digital characters on the stage was very intriguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment