Monday, February 21, 2011

Artist: Markus Hartel

I did something that I haven't done in a long time when I was out shooting this weekend. I took photos with people in them. I don't know if they will turn out, but I think I'm going to continue to try and shoot some people each time I go out. I think one of the things that I'm becoming interested in is the interaction that people have with these historical places. So I figured if I want to continue shooting people I should start looking at images with people in them. That's where Markus Hartel comes in. I think that his street photography is really strong work that showcases not only the people but also the environment they are in. If I'm going to include images of people in this series I think that they need to relate directly to the historical site and that needs to be evident.







Bio:
Born in Germany, I developed my love for photography when I was a kid. My grandma used to give me her rangefinder camera to take family pictures. That was fun!

Being a teenager, I bought my first camera and within a few years I developed the necessary technical skills for serious photography. I made a living as a typographer, graphic designer and as a digital photo retoucher… eventually documenting real life became my passion.

Coming to New York City in 2003 was a great inspiration and I started documenting every day people in the urban jungle with my camera – I would roam the streets for hours, longing for the next great photograph.

During the past few years my love for photography has grown, my work evolved and became multi-faceted, but I always stayed true to the original picture, as candid as it can be!


Interview:
http://f8mag.com/portfolios/item/markus-hartel

Website:
http://www.markushartel.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment